If you are one of those thousands of people who have full faith in Comcast Xfinity Router, this guide is for you. Many people who have used this router in the past know how difficult it becomes at times to keep the router protected. By following the steps mentioned below, you can safeguard your Comcast Xfinity Router and have a hassle-free internet browsing experience-
- All the routers come with an inbuilt default password and user Id, which is common for all. The company does it so that users can easily log into their account during the initial few days. It may sound convenient to you, but remember that continuing with the default password may expose you to unwanted online hackers. So, if you want to avoid them, change your password before it’s too late.
- The password changing method is very simple and straightforward. All you need to do is log into your admin panel and follow a simple process. Once you login to your admin panel (default user id is admin and password is ‘password’), you will see a ‘Change Password’ option. Click on that option, enter your current password and type a new password of your choice.
- While doing so, make sure you try a balanced combination of words, numbers and special characters to create a secure password, which cannot be tracked down easily.
- As soon as you create the password, write it down on a paper and place at a safe place where nobody other than you can reach. It will help you in case you forget your password in the future.
- One thing that plays a vital role is the network connection. You need to be connected a good network during this entire process or else this won’t work.
- Most users misread 10.0.0.1 as 1o.o.o.1. Don’t fall into this trap. Type the right numbers to have a pleasant experience.
If you keep a note of these points, you can get rid of all the hacking attempts and security issues. It’s the safest way to secure Comcast Xfinity router login without using any external tool and spending any penny. More information about this is available at the official website www.10001login.com. You can log in there and update your knowledge.