If you are buying a laptop for the first time, then this small article is just meant for you. It will help make the informed purchase. Before you invest in a laptop, you need clarity on its technical specifications such as, the platform or the Operating system that you will be using, etc.
Windows10, Linux, Mac OS X, Chrome OS, are some of the examples of most opted for operating systems. It is the core software of the computer on which the system runs. Make sure that the OS you choose is fully compatible with the applications or software you will be using.
File System of the Operating System
You cannot use Mac applications on a Windows OS and vice versa. This is because the file system or the structure in which the files are created, saved, and modified is different for each OS. These operating systems come with built-in features even for cheap Mac laptops.
Configuration Tips for a Laptop
- The dimensions of the laptop are important when buying
- Check if you need a large or standard sized screen for a laptop
- The size of RAM or internal memory you need
- Check for the storage capacity of hard disk drive where all files and applications are and will be stored
- Apple laptops come with Mac OS X having similar functions to Windows10
- Laptops come in the 2-in-1 mode where they can be converted to a tablet
- Keyboard and touchpad specifications can be looked into depending upon your usage
- Check which CPU or the processor you would like for your laptop
- The entire performance of your laptop is depended on the CPU, and thus it an important aspect to look into
Graphics Resolution and Other Drives
If you are a user who likes to work on the visuals, multi-media, and graphics, then you need to check the graphic card configuration as well as the screen resolution. Cheap Mac laptops have a decent configuration with the 4th generation of the Intel processor installed. A MacBook is usually preferred by those who work extensively with graphics, audio, and video files.
These are the factors and specifications to look for even when you are buying cheap Mac laptops. They have the same features as most of the laptops. Wi-Fi, USB ports, and all kinds of connectivity ports are available with these laptops.