What is a Tachometer?
A tachometer also known as rev-counter or RPM gauge is a device measuring the rotation speed of a pole or circle, which is generally seen in motor vehicles and other machines. The tachometer, for the most part, shows the revolutions per minute (RPM) on a calibrated analogue dial, but the digital display remains the same.
Basically, the words digital tachometer and speedometer have the similar meaning: a gadget that measures speed.
Benefits of Digital Tachometer
- One of the advantages of the digital tachometer is that it produces more accurate and reliable readings. This is on account of advanced speedometers use speed sensors which actually read the vehicle’s moving rate, and after that sending result to the speedometer’s chip, which is responsible for the display.
- Another advantage of digital tachometers is that it shows the speed in numbers, which is significantly a lot more readable than the clock-like display.
- Digital tachometer is adjusted to give the highest level of accuracy, implying that every reading is reliable, and past results are stored and are promptly open for comparison (each tachometer is furnished with a large LCD display, making it easier to view the results).
- Like the more seasoned and older models, this gadget is important in operating vehicles as well, since it gives the individual in control of the machine (vehicle) awareness of his/her pace so that he/she can keep up the right speed and abstain from smashing with something along the street.
Things to Keep In Mind While Buying Digital Tachometer
- Acquisition Time
- Contact type and Non-contact type
- Portable or fixed
- Digital / Analog
Apart from above mention tips, before, during and after the sale service is an important measure to check while buying tachometer and AK Measurement team will always there to help you and to guide you choose an instrument that meets your specific needs.