Wanting to start a new hobby or activity? Remote control helicopters or remote control quadcopter are an awesome decision. The RC hobby is so fantastical that there is no restriction for age. While kids enjoy it the most, adults can also have lots of fun. Best RC helicopter and quadcopter are the most favorite since they can be flown indoors and outdoors.
What Is an RC Helicopter?
An RC Helicopter (popularly known as the Radio Controlled Helicopter) is model airship which is particular from an RC airplane because of the differences in aerodynamics, construction, and flight training.
Common Power Sources of RC Helicopters
- Glow fuel (also called nitro fuel)
- Electric batteries
- Gasoline (petrol) and
- Turbine engines
Types of RC Helicopter
- Two channels: This is a basic type of RC Helicopter that available in the market. This type of helicopter hovers slowly and can be flying in a clockwise direction.
- Three channels: These helicopters are more stable and powerful than the two channel ones. They have rotors that allow the helicopters to toss forward and backward easily.
- Four channels: This aircraft is very reliable and is considered as the best type of helicopter that is suitable for beginners because the helicopter can be easily flown both sideways and forward.
Things to Consider When Buying an RC Helicopter
- Is the helicopter I am buying a good deal or can I get a better one at a much cheaper price?
- Does the plane have the right size?
- Are the features of the helicopter ideal for me?
- If broken, can I be able to find the necessary spare parts easily?
- Can I be able to fly the helicopter?
Apart from RC helicopter, RC Quadcopter is also in fashion now. So no matter what your age is, flying an RC helicopter or best RC Quadcopter is an instant entertainment which can also be a great learning curve for kids and a very exhilarating, enjoyable, and fun filled experience for an adult.